I knew this week was coming.
I’ve tried to pretend it wasn’t.
It is Laura’s last week in Seattle.
I cried to KC this morning.
I cried in front of my officemates this afternoon.
I want to go home, get in bed, and cry some more.
But I have so much to do.
Deadlines at school.
And more deadlines at school.
Unpacking from my weekend trip.
Cleaning and prepping for the going away party on Friday.
Spending my last few evenings with her.
I can’t focus on anything.
I’m no longer talking to Boston.
I told him I didn’t want to see or speak to him again.
I was lying
I want him to make me feel better.
Because I know he can.
He knows just what to say.
I want Laura to stay in Seattle.
I want Boston to say he is sorry.
I want things to go back to how they were when I was happy.
Monday, July 28, 2008
This Week
Labels:
boy-crazy,
change,
friends,
life or something like it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awww, I'm sorry! It's always hard when you "lose" people in your life, whether due to moves, breakups, or just drifting apart.
I'm sorry, K. I hope you have a wonderful last week with her.
I'm so sorry. I hope things start getting better for you. :)
Ugh. I know how you feel pal!
I'm sorry you're having a bad week. And I can totally sympathize with your friend leaving town. One of my best friends here is leaving for India tomorrow and I'm very sad about it.
Post a Comment