Friday, July 25, 2008

To Cut or Not To Cut

I’ve been dying to cut my hair since Boston and I broke up in May. It is the longest it has been in ages, and I’ve always been big on changing it up pretty regularly. But I decided to hold off until after the wedding.

The wedding came and went, and I thought about chopping it all off again. But this time there was a big backpacking trip in the works (which I am leaving for in 2 hours – yay!). I thought about huffing my way up a steep a** mountain with 35 pounds on my back? A ponytail seems the way to go. So I said I’d wait until after the trip.

I’ve started flipping through magazines, looking for the perfect cut, knowing that I’ll just end up with a bob and bangs again. Then I spied the newly acquired curlers in the bathroom. I bought them a few months ago but hadn’t used them yet. I gave them a whirl (so what if I was just spending the evening vegging on the couch), and love the results.

So now I want to wait until after Laura and Max’s going away party so I can curl my hair again (and be the hostess with the most-ess, I’ve already gotten my outfit picked out). Then I’ll be lounging a week away in the Mediterranean, where it is likely to be too hot to do anything by toss my hair into a ponytail. And then I’m sure there will be another half-marathon in my future…

At this rate my hair is going to be down to my a** by Christmas. But boys like long hair, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, they do!! Why is that, I wonder?? I had really long hair when I first met Jake, and anytime I mentioned getting my hair cut (even if it was just a trim), he'd get all paranoid and wide-eyed, like, "You're not going to cut it short, are you?!"

TRS said...

I think it's their last non-waivering caveman gene.

Short hair? How I drag woman back to cave?

Mr. Burns actually told me is afraid if we ever got married and potentially have kids, that I'll cut my hair.
My hair was short before I met him and I loved it! Long is a PitA
I told him if it's a deal breaker he better just dump me now. If I can wear a ponytail without feeling like I just failed at styling my hair... I'll keep it long. But the bottom line is... I'm not putting issues concering my hair in the vows... for ANYone!

s said...

i have an appointment tomorrow to get it all cut off, yikes! i say do it!