Friday, August 29, 2008

Andio! That's (Phonetic) Greek for Goodbye

I leave for almost 2 weeks in a foreign country in 24 hours, and this is what I have accomplished on the packing front.

At least I know I'll have enough clean underwear to last me the whole trip.

So much has happened in the weeks leading up to this trip, that I really haven't mentally prepared for it. I have a plane ticket, places to stay, a presentation ready to present, and my trusty lonely planet, but other than that... I've got nothing. Not that I need much more than that (plus a bathing suit and some sunscreen), but typically the days leading up to a trip like this are filled with anticipation and excitement. I know I'll get there and have an amazing time, because, if nothing else, Cyprus has sandy beaches and blue-green water (and 92 degrees with sun forecasted everyday). Oh, and feta cheese. And did I mention there is a wine fest while I am there?!?

So I just need to shake this overwhelming feeling of sadness. Because as KC said last night, there is so much good going on in my life right now and I am letting just one man (plus one knee injury and one best friend who moved across the country), overshadow it all.

I'm going to board that plane tomorrow with optimism that some Mediterranean air can make it all better. Otherwise, I know time is the only true cure-all.

Till then...

6 comments:

Camels & Chocolate said...

What's Greek for "HAVE A BLAST!!!"???

L said...

Time may be the only cure-all, but beautiful beaches are a great distraction! This too shall pass, and better is waiting on the other side! :)

a tall sassy gal said...

OMG sounds like it will be a great trip. Soak all of it up!

Sherin said...

have an amazing time!

wegrit said...

Have a great time in Cyprus!

I can't wait to see the pictures.

TRS said...

Have a great time!
hope you can blog from there.

But most of all... I hope you can shake all the cobwebs of the past few months out... and come back refreshed, inspired and maybe even in love!

Safe Journey!