Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dunzo

It is over. Me and organic, all natural peanut butter have split.

I can't handle our messy relationship. It makes me not even want to partaking in PB&J eating. And I love me some PB&J. This has to end.

I'm heading back to the old stuff. The stuff that treated me just fine for the first 25 years of my PB&J eating career.

Artificial
colors and ingredients? Bring 'em on!

Anyone else feel the same way?

8 comments:

Heather said...

I have been reading your blog for a while, so I think it is funny I am coming out of the woodwork for this post... I just thought you might like to know skippy makes a natural peanut butter and I love it. I think it tastes like regular old skippy. Ingredients: roasted peanuts, sugar, palm oil, salt. While palm oil's not that good for you it is better than partially hydrogenated oils. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY AGREE. I've been trying to eat more natural and organic food in the past couple years, weeding out most processed food, but I tried the natural peanut butter and it sucked. Not necessarily the taste so much as the texture, and having to keep it in the fridge, then wait for it to soften a bit before spreading...so not worth it.

wegrit said...

Blech! I hate peanut butter. I know, I know, it's sacrilege, but it's just disgusting. The smell, the texture, the taste...thanks, but I'll pass.

s said...

i'm a jif girl all the way. i tried that organic stuff once and the whole stirring process before hand, entirely too much effort.

Camels & Chocolate said...

I am OBSESSED with PBJ. Seriously, I could eat it every day (and often do). I dig the Simply JIF, which is lower in sugar and sodium but still damn good. I bought organic awhile back but haven't been able to bring myself to crack the lid...

Sarah G said...

You just need to get one of these bad boys....

http://witmerproducts.com/pbutter.html

perfectly stirred peanut butter without going back to the the hydrogenated oils! win/win!

Alison said...

My husband is a peanut butter freak - I swear he eats about 2 cups of it a day. And he would ONLY eat Jiff. Anyways he just bought a jar of Smucker's natural peanut butter to try it out and actually likes it. I have a feeling though that he'll eventually go back to the Jiff - we all do :)

JustRun said...

I hear ya.