Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cyprus, Part 3: Northern Cyprus - St. Hilerion Castle



I only took a brief excusion into Northern Cyprus to check out St Hilerion, an old castle built into a mountain.



From here you could see the northern coast and Kyernia.



Supposedly the castle was inspiration for Walt Disney when creating Snow While (the castle of the wicked witch or stepmom, or whatever she was).



Lots of climbing on uneven surfaces. maybe that is why my knee continues to hurt?

3 comments:

L said...

That is awesome!
Why didn't I go on this trip? :)

Courtney said...

Wow!!! Great pictures. I never really take "thing" pictures - I'm all people and the occasional scenic shot... but I LOVE the way you capture "stuff". You do it so well! Like the scoop picture? It's awesome!

Looks like a great trip. I'm totally jealous.

Alison said...

Awesome pictures! That castle looks so cool. Some day I must make it to the Mediterranean... it just looks so pretty!