It was my first race in 6 months, and also my first since my knee injury.
And there I go, stepping off a sidewalk as I turn around to make a snarky comment to my team. It wasn't even like it was one of the obstacles - just a sidewalk. My knee? It feels fantastic. Actually, it is pretty awesome that it came out unscathed. My ankle? Not so much.
As my classmate proclaimed loud enough for the entire class to hear - "You have a CANKLE..." Gee - thanks.
I was back in not quite peak - but getting there running shape only to be twarted again by the running gods. Grrrr!
At least I already have a physical therapy appointment for this week. And I figure that I can just shove it in a ski boot and still hit the slopes (if it ever gets cold enough to snow - people were wearing shorts today - seriously?!?).
As I count down to my 30th, if this is what getting old entails... no thanks, I'll stick to my 20s.
7 comments:
Oh no, that is terrible! You poor thing!
Oh my gosh, you poor girl! Alternate ice & heat, take Advil if you can, pressure wrap, etc. Heal fast! (Lecture over.) :)
Oh Wow!! Ouchie ouchie ouchie!! Feel betters, pleez!!
Ahhhh! I gasped the second I saw it.
Youchie.
You know... running for no reason is unnatural. That's why God and nature are telling you to knock it off!
Tee hee. Just kidding. I wouldn't run if you chased me with a knife. I don't get it... but I hope it's better soon so you can do what you enjoy.
Oh noooo!!! That looks like my ankle this summer :( Ice ice ice and lots of NSAIDs!
Owwiee! That sucks.
I don't know if I'm sick in the head but when I'm hurt I'm happier when my injury looks really bad. If I have to be laid up I want it to be bloody, swollen or black and blue. At least then I get visual credit for my pain... hee hee! :)
your poor ankle!! Is it better now? Rest, Ice, Compression, elevation... I'm sure you know the drill :)
Post a Comment