When I go over my allotment of text messages this month it is going to be all his fault.
It all started when he asked me to "make out" on halloween. I declined. It was nothing personal I said. I just don't think boys are worth my time nowadays (code for: I am scared shitless just thinking about getting into another relationship), and well... he was born in 1985. I, on the other hand, am turning 30 in 2 mere months.
But then the age thing morphed into a positive. I mean, he is too young for it to be anything serious, right? I'm lonely. He is cute. And polite. And smart. And snowboards (not as cool as skiing, but it will do). And I actually feel comfortable around him, well except when he started to inch towards me as we were walking down the hallway today. But what did I think he was going to do, plant a big smacker on me right there or something?
I'm not quite sure how (or if) we are going to shift from this shameless text flirting to something more. Could we even have a relationship that isn't serious, doesn't include sex, is relatively secret (I'm not down with everyone in my grad program knowing my business), and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside?
Oh and did I mention that if we crash and burn, we'll still have to see each other every day in the hall for the next 4 years?!?!
I should just walk away right now. But I probably won't. Feel free to tell me "told you so" next month.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Shameless Flirting
Labels:
boy-crazy,
girls will be girls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm not going to say "told ya so"--instead I'll support this...DO IT! Life's too short! =)
Two of my very best friends are married to men 5 years younger than they are. It happens, and I'm sure it often starts with shameless flirting :)
Hmmm. If it weren't for sharing the hallway for the next four years I'd say go for it.
Who knows, you'll end up married and live to tell stories about hiding it from your grad program.
I say go for it and have some fun... don't worry about the what-ifs! You deserve to let loose a little bit honey!
Post a Comment