My largest guilty pleasure is most certainly The Bachelor (PBR – almost sacrilegious in the land of the microbrew here - comes in a close second). Ironically, The Bachelor (and Bachelorette) nursed me through two breakups, and if I had to choose one reality show to watch for the rest of all time… well, I might choose Top Chef… but it would be a hard one.
I’ve tended to watch it alone – often from my bed, in my pajamas, with puffy eyes. But I made some new friends this summer, and one of the first things we bonded over was our opinions of Deanna’s choice of Jesse over Jason (another story for another post). So when Jason was picked as the new bachelor, we decided we’d most certainly get together to watch our hometown cutie find the love of his life*.
And that brings us to last night and “The Draft.”
3 ladies, 2 husbands, 5 bucks each – and we have ourselves a fantasy Bachelor league! My picks:
Jillian
LaurenNicole
LisaTreasure
I’m holding my own with 3 girls left after the first round. And my competitive streak came out last night during the rose ceremony – I think my new friends were a little, umm shocked. Like I need more incentive to watch the Bachelor – can’t wait for Monday (thank goodness for tv on the internet since I’ll be spending my evening with my favorite DC blogger buddy!)!
And yeah. We get it. Jason works out a lot.
And one more... Deanna is back?!?! WTF?
* or month
7 comments:
All these posts I've been reading about The Bachelor (a show that I've never watched despite my reality tv addiction) really are starting to make me want to watch this season!!! Hopefully its not on during Rock of Love III!!!
My DVR didn't record it, ahhhhh!
So THAT is how I can make myself watch the show. Wagering.
OMG, I love The Bachelor and PBR too!! Actually, it's kind of a love/hate relationship with The Bachelor. But Jason's just so darn cute...and a Seattle boy...it's hard to resist.
This is an awesome game!
I have to admit, I haven't seen the Bachelor in ages. (My last year of college, my roommates and I watched the first two Bachelors -- and possibly the first Bachelorette? -- religiously.) I'll pretend it's because I'm overseas now, but really it's because I just couldn't bring myself to watch it even when I was still living in the US. It's just a trainwreck. However...I do follow it on tvgasm.com. Forty minutes of awkwardness condensed into 10 minutes. Awesome. So yeah, thank you for making me aware that a new season is under way! That made my whole week!
i love the bachelor, and i am also so shocked about deanna being back. i can't wait to find out what's up with that!
I really liked Jillian too! I hope she hangs in there.
I was bummed that he sent Stacia home...she seemed really sweet and had two little rugrats of her own.
I almost crapped my pants when I saw Deanna back on.
My husband is really dissapointed that I love and watch this show. Oh the shame...
Post a Comment