I was home early tonight and flipping through the channels when I stumbled across a little gem on Oprah:
Turn all the hangers in your closet backwards. When you wear an article of clothing, place it back in the closet with the hanger facing the correct way. In 6 months, take stock of what is happening in the closet. And then make a donation to Goodwill.
Brilliant.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Backwards Hanger Test
Labels:
pretending to be domestic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
so smart!
that's such a great idea!
Brilliant!
I saw that, too. And I thought about it.
:)
I've heard that before and I am tempted to try it.
But I'm a little scared. One, that I'll freak out that my hangers aren't right - and Two, then I might have to give stuff up. I have a hard time letting go!
Which is exactly why I should do this.
I saw that, too! Am tempted to try it, but not until we move into a house with bigger closets (I currently cannot see ANYTHING that I own because we have to share a closet the size of a shoebox!). Also, I'm really OCD and have to turn the hangers all the same way, so this might drive me crazy!
Awesome idea - but I think it would upset my OCD to have some hangars forwards and some backwards...dang! I must think of another way to easily identify not-worn-often-enough-clothing!
Post a Comment