Saturday, May 02, 2009

Ahoy There Matey!

While I'm off on this weekend's adventure up in Canada, I thought I'd leave you a post of last weekend's adventure on the high seas known as Elliot Bay (per L's request!).




















When I moved to Seattle - 7 years, 8 months, and 15 days ago - I had this plan. I was going to meet a boy (a cute one of course) who just happened to have a boat, and he would take me sailing.




















Well... that never happened. Instead, I met a friend, who had a friend, who had a membership to the sailing club and took me sailing.
















Although it was hard to call it sailing, as there was hardly any wind.















But just sitting in a boat on the water was wonderfully relaxing... until a cargo ship and tug boat were headed straight toward us! Oh no!














But we survived. And I'd go out again in a heartbeat!

No comments: