Tonight I had a post written in my head about a little experiment involving chocolate and my (lack of) willpower. But that will have to wait because instead I want to talk about the unexpected email in my inbox this evening.
Despite my initial complaining, emails have been exchanged this week about Mexican food, the trip up to Vancouver, and girls' night at the movies tomorrow. And there was an email from a boy. Although not either of the boys I was kind of hoping to hear from. It was an email from...
Ummm, yeah - The Boy!?!?
Whoa!
What?
Last time we "talked" (email/text) it was (initially) about the sweatpants of his that I had. This time it was about the book and snowpants of mine that he *swore* he didn't have, but just found.
He wants to give them back. I don't really want them anymore- nothing to do with him. I'm not sure how I want to respond. Or how I should respond.
Ugh, I hate this.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
From Unanswered to Unexpected
Labels:
boy-crazy,
seriously?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
If I didn't want to see him, I think I'd ask that he either send them to me or drop them off in a bag while I wasn't home. That would also send a pretty clear message, which may or may not be something you'd like to do.
If you truly don't want them, you can just send him an email that says that while you appreciate that he found them, you've replaced them and that he can donate the snowpants/book to the Salvation Army/Goodwill/insert name of charity here. No need to send anything more than that.
If you do want them, tell him he can drop them by the school office -- if your school is anything like mine you have a main office for the school that is not really anywhere near your personal office -- between hours x and y (presumably hours you're teaching or something.) And then you can just pick them up later.
Interesting. I do not have advice - but wanted to show support.
I like the ideas above.
hmm. think there's more to it then just giving you your stuff back. you could always have him mail them if you don't want to see him.
Post a Comment