Sunday, December 04, 2005

Wine, Wine, and More Wine

Last night’s holiday party was a big 2-thumbs up. Not only were there bottles and bottles of wine consumed, but we collected soooo much for the charity the party benefitted. I have bags and bags of donations to drop off this week.

I started with a “good” bottle of wine, which might have been a mistake. It went down so smooth, and so fast. After many glasses of wine, I went to bed at 5am. When I woke up 5 hours later, I was still drunk! Whoops – can you say wino??

Once I sobered up, I felt fine but today was such a waste of a day. I watched a lot of tv (mainly the America’s Next Top Model marathon) and ate a lot of greasy food (chicken nuggets and bbq chicken pizza). But if I can get my apartment picked up and get to bed early, I’ll be happy. I guess it doesn’t take much.


So when I got home last night (this morning) I had an email from Scott, who is a friend of my friend LP and came to the party last night. I actually have met him before, without introduction by LP – he volunteers occasionally at habitat and we met a few months ago (yeah, small world). He scored my email from the evite LP had forwarded him regarding the party. It was short – just giving my props for a fun party, letting me know he’d let me know next time he went skiing, and then throwing in his phone number. I’m not sure if I am supposed to make anything of it, I just certainly wasn’t expecting an email from him, especially one sent at 2am.
I'm not thinking about it too much though since boys are taking a back burner but hmmm...

1 comment:

wegrit said...

Glad your party was such a huge success...I spent my weekend hanging from a lighting grid.

As for Lost, the computer thing...Michael types a bunch of stuff and then it asks him who he is and he writes his name and the last thing you see typed is the response, 'DAD?'