Monday, January 09, 2006

Converted

I’ve used it a few times before, but last night I made it official – I may not be a vegetarian, but I will be a regular user soy crumbles. I’m not going to try and tell you it tastes just like ground beef. I will not be giving up big, juicy hamburgers I eat on occasion. But when it comes to tacos and chili and meat sauce... Morningstar Farms here I come! Just comparing the nutritional facts, it seemed like a no brainer. It will be an acquired taste that I am fully willing to become accustomed to. And the fact that it is cheaper than ground beef/turkey doesn’t hurt either. Last night I made chili. Yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sis swears by that stuff. Trader Joe's meatless meatballs too. Hmmmmmm... I may have to check these wanna be meat products out.

Cady said...

the crumbles are fantastic. i made chili a week or so ago with them, and joe and i loved it.

Mrs. Architect said...

I cannot thank you enough for this post! I am trying so hard to eat as little red meat as possible, so I am experimenting with soys, veggies and other meats. Tomorrow night I am making a baked ziti with ground turkey...cross your fingers it will taste okay.

I am DEFINITELY going to try this stuff!!!