Thursday, March 16, 2006

March Madness

The fun starts today.

I think I did a good job with my picks this year.

My two upset predictions for the 1st round: A&M over Syracuse (despite my upstate NY roots) and Seton Hall over Wichita State. I have some 9 seeds over 8 seeds to, although I don't really classify that as an upset.

My Final Four: Texas, Kansas, UCONN, and Villanova.

Another prediction, my productivity levels will drop over the next few weeks. Coincides great with the raise I got yesterday.

Yes, you heard me right. A raise. Out of the blue. A big one too – 10%. Just to say my efforts are appreciated in the company. And because they know I could go somewhere else at get a huge salary raise. I’m in high demand. Nice feeling. Just 15 weeks of work left though until my 3 month “sabbatical.” Until then, no complaints about more money each paycheck.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

What!!?? You mean you don't have California going all the way???

SHEESH!

Some people.

GO BEARS!!!

;)

wegrit said...

I hate choosing the 8-9 game. I *never* get it right. A friend of the family does a bottomfeeders tournament where you pick one of the 9-16 seeded teams and whoever makes it the farthest into the dance wins. My team this year is Kent State.

No full bracket for me this year because the NCAA would be less than thrilled if they found out one of their athletic departments had a pool going.

L said...

I hope my picks aren't too shabby. I picked A & M over Syracuse, too, until an Orange fan gave me crap and I changed it . . so we'll see.