Wednesday, April 26, 2006

And Now There Are 5

It hasn’t hit me yet, but I stayed up way too late last night and I am going to be paying for it today at work. Shell cancelled on our run, Krissy needed “counseling,” my mom talked a lot – so at 8 last night I still hadn’t changed out of my work clothes (a skirt *gasp*) or eaten dinner. Perfect timing, BMG called asking if I had eaten yet and if I wanted to come over and grill. Um, yeah. (To back it up a little, BMG called me out of the blue last Thursday. I guess just to talk, almost 30 minutes, I laughed a lot. Then Sunday I invited him to join me and some friends for half-price grub.) Last night, we ate, drank, went to a bar and drank some more. I was hanging out with 3 students, who didn’t have to get up in the morning. I didn’t have a watch on and had no concept of the time. They are probably still sleeping right now, while I’ve already put in 2 hours at the office. Good news is I wasn’t drinking (much) so I’m just tired, not feeling crappy from over consumption. I say it often, but I mean it today… early to bed tonight!

I met one of BMG’s friends for the first time and I’ve already recruited him to be one of my new UW friends (my 5th after Shell, J&M, and BMG). I think we were destined to be friends… talking about favorite movies, I mentioned Goonies. He said (and I quote): “One summer my brother and I watched that movie every day.” Funny because the only other people I know who can make a statement like that is myself! Yes, one summer, every single day, from the first day of summer vacation to the last, my brother and I watched Goonies. And to this day, we still both love the movie. And if that wasn’t enough, another of his favorites… The Great Muppet Caper. I am partial to the Muppets Take Manhattan, but I think I can safely say we are the only two 20-somethings in Seattle who have watched a Muppet movie in the past 2 weeks. Crazy. As a side note, he is cute but pretty short. And he is BMG’s friend – can’t have a crush on two boys in the same social circle – but wait… I’m just friends with BMG…

2 comments:

L said...

Sure you can have a crush on 2 boys in the same circle . . nothing wrong with Plan B, right?

Courtney said...

Just friends, my butt!