I’m a planner. Call me anal. I have a spreadsheet with numerous pages detailing my summer budget, my packing list, my cross country trip, my Europe trip, my potential fall quarter schedule… I’m willing to be spontaneous. I often am spontaneous. But I have a plan to fall back on. I’ve been that person, walking aimlessly around a new place, knowing there must be cool things to see and do, but having no idea what and where. I hate being that person. I won’t be that person. So I’ve had my nose buried in travel books for the past few weeks and have decided on my itinerary…
My 1st Cross Country Adventure of 2006:
Moab, UT
Arches NP, UT
Canyonlands NP, UT
Bryce Canyon NP, UT
Zion NP, UT
Grand Canyon NP, AZ
Taos, NM
Palo Duro SP, TX
Memphis, TN
Nashville, TN
Mammoth Caves NP, KY
Charleston, WV
Mom and Dad’s, NY
7 Weeks, 6 Countries, 5 Plane Rides, 4 Languages I Don’t Understand, 3 Pairs of Shoes, 2 Cameras, and 1 Helluva Summer:
Ireland - Dublin
Spain – Barcelona, Madrid
France - Paris
Czech Republic - Prague
Austria – Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck
Italy – Venice, Cinque Terra, Florence, Rome
My 2nd Cross Country Adventure of 2006:
A “quick” trip back to Seattle. I-90 to the Chicago area, veering off onto I-80 to hit Iowa and Nebraska, and cutting back up to I-90 somewhere in Wyoming. 4 days?
Then I hit the books!
And of course, any insight regarding any of the locations on my itinerary is welcome!
Friday, April 28, 2006
Planning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I could not be more jealous of you. You're going to have such a great time and be very well rested and ready to start the term off. So jealous :)
sorry for the last delete. I didn't proofread and I am a little OCD about your and you're.
You're going to have a great summer! I'm so excited for you . . but I'm disappointed I'll have to go so long without you posting anything! When you swing through WV and up to NY, you'll be so close to me.
And I see you're hitting Big Red country. I have to warn you, unless you hang in Omaha or maybe Lincoln, it's not too exciting. If you drive by The Machine Shed restaurant in Iowa, make sure to stop and take a pic for me. They have good food, too.
What cameras are you taking? I just got a new one yesterday that I love, but I still haven't gotten the 'big one' I want.
that's an awesome lineup! i can't ski but i am jealous of the europe trip. you're going to have a blast!
If you are going to be down in Arizona, you SHOULD NOT MISS going to the Havasupai Indain reservation and hiking down to Havasu Falls. It is absolutely beautiful. You need a permit to hike in. The reservation is a 8 mile hike in a dry canyon bed and then the falls are 2 miles below that. Check out this site.
http://www.kaibab.org/supai/gc_supai.htm
Re: Prague. I'm SO jealous. I'm dying to go there. If I don't get into a doctoral program, I'm going there to teach English.
In Zion's- you absolutely have to hike The Narrows. It was easily one of the most fabulous experiences of my life. Be prepared to get pretty wet though.
Oh my god, what a fabulous itinerary! I'm a planner too, so I totally understand the need for lists and back-up plans when spontaneity doesn't quite pan out. :)
Post a Comment