Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm Alive!

I’m getting better, slowly but surely. Even after my sick day, yesterday was pretty rough. Today though – feeling much better. I still don’t think I am going to run. Especially when the forecast is for rain. Call me a wimp, I don’t care. I’m gonna focus my energies on a 12K coming up in early June and just shop this weekend.

I have a pseudo-date on Sunday. Wednesday I was talking with BMG and he told me his friend had emailed to say he had TwinPeaks DVDs for me (he is a big TwinPeaks fan and I’ve been meaning to get a hold of the series). I called him, we talked for a bit and then made plans for me to pick up the DVDs last night. Before dance class (which by the way, I still LOVE! Watch out Katie, I am going to come out to Boulder and take you and the Ear Doc on!) I dropped by and we ended up talking in his driveway for quite a bit. He mentioned that I no longer sounded like I was dying and asked if I was going to run. When I said probably not, he assumed that meant I’d be in Seattle this weekend and invited me to a “Day After Cinco de Mayo” party. When I declined because I would still be in Vancouver, he mentioned getting together some other time and I suggested watching a couple of episodes together on Sunday when I am back (he had already said he’d watch any/all of TwinPeaks with me). So, that is the plan right now.

There is still a bit of concern with him being BMG’s friend and all, but BMG is not ready to date and I’m not even sure if he’d want to date me if he was ready. And it was BMG who offered the phone number up to me. So I am going to try to dismiss any worrisome thoughts and just have fun.


I’ll leave you on this gorgeous Friday (at least here in Seattle) with some thoughts on dating, courtesy of TLC and a sick day on Wednesday: “Dating is awkward. But so is becoming the crazy cat lady.”

5 comments:

L said...

I think that's my fav TLC life lesson :)

Courtney said...

Awesome quote... adding it to my list!

:)

Have fun on sunday!! (We expect a report.)

wegrit said...

Oh god, the crazy cat lady is seriously the person I most fear becoming!!! Hope you have a great time in BC!

Anonymous said...

ahhh, Seattle. i lived there once! when i was born. and then my parents FORCED me to move to Dallas. and since i was only six at the time, they didn't really pay much attention to me announcing that i refused to leave, regardless of whether they already sold our house, and me putting my foot down, because really, it was such a small foot.

they totally dominated me.

Cady said...

i was always afraid of becoming the cat lady. heh. glad you're feeling better! and you're right...just have fun on your date and don't worry! :)