Thursday, May 25, 2006

Stress Relief

I’ve been a bit stressed out lately. So much to do at work, so much to do before I leave. Last week was a whirlwind – working long hours and social commitments every night. Last Thursday I ended up bailing on swing class just so I could have some time to relax. The weekend seemed long and not so hectic, but it was still jam packed… Mariners game on Friday, Habitat and Girls’ Night Out on Saturday, and brunch with my friend’s friend (who I will be spending a week with in Paris), a few hours at the office and dinner/movie with Laura on Sunday. This week has been much of the same, but last night I finally had time for a run, which did wonders for my mood. I could feel the stress seeping out of my body and onto the trail. Krissy was a step ahead of me the whole run and I had to work hard the entire time to keep up with her. We finished the first 3 miles 2 whole minutes faster than last time, and are pretty close to the pace we could keep last year. And then we added on another mile (half of which was straight uphill!) at that same pace. My heart was pounding and my legs shaking when we finished, but it felt so good! Needless to say, I treated myself to a bowl of ice cream after dinner!

I also finished watching Alfie last night. The movie? Eh, take it or leave it. But Jude Law? Scrumptious! I was honestly drooling through most of the movie! And I don’t think I’ve ever thought “damn, he’s hot” before.

No comments: