Monday, June 12, 2006

Weekend

Nothing scandalous to report from the weekend, but it was still a dandy weekend indeed.

Friday night I hit up a BBQ at a friend’s house. There was tons of good food, a full keg and cornhole… what more can you ask for? Unfortunately, without thinking I chased some benedryl (the host has a dog) with a beer and before I knew it, bed was my only concern. I slept like a baby.

Saturday I wavered between relaxing, and taking care of things that need to be done before I leave. In between World Cup games, I started the lease on my storage unit, put in notice to have my mail forwarded to mom and dad, went grocery shopping, and continued packing. I found my missing laundry card and attacked the pile of clothes at the bottom of my closet. Laura and I had drinks (mango-ritas, yum!) on the deck at Aqua Verde and watched boaters on the lake and a spectacular sunset. I did end up going to the party with ILC but BMG didn’t join us (he was the victim of a huge crash during a bike race earlier in the day - he is okay, but had it been any worse, he probably would have ended up in the hospital. I haven’t seen him but LP said it is pretty bad, the whole right side of his body is torn up and bruised).

Sunday I drove down to work to pick up the truck to start moving stuff into my storage space. Shell, LP and her BF helped me and it was amazing how fast we accomplished what I wanted to get done. After, Shell and I went mini-golfing, got burgers and shakes at Red Mill, and then sunbathed and longboarded in my neighborhood. After sleeping off my hearty lunch, and having nothing better to do on a beautiful day, I went for a great run. I was hoping to spend a little time with BMG last night because this is potentially the last weekend we will both be in Seattle (although after the crash, I’m not sure if he’ll be up for the big triathlon in Idaho in 2 weeks) but he really didn’t feel up to moving from his bed so instead he and I talked for a while (actually we talked 3 times in less than 24 hours) and then I hit the sack early.

I’m headed to West Virginia on Thursday night so just 4 days of work to slog through before getting to see all my girls this weekend. And I’m down to the single digits of days left of work (9). The reality is starting to set in and I can’t wait to get on the road!!

2 comments:

s said...

poor bmg! i'm glad you had a great weekend and that you are so close to being done with work, but i'm having a bit of an issue here... will you keep us updated when you are away? or will it just be a week long post frenzy when you return? i know you mentioned this before, but i really really want to see pictures of you on your european adventure. i'm not going to lie i'm going to miss reading you everyday.

the computer cover is from dell. they have a bunch of different designs and they are all removable. perfect for when you get bored and want a change.

L said...

I would be freaking out . . it's getting so close!

Your weekend sounds like fun. I'd love to try that Cornhole game!