I've been back in Seattle for exactly one month. One month since I started running again after a 3+ month hiatus. This was the first run that I actually felt good doing and it was so exciting. It is a loop I've run many times recently so I am well aware of when it starts to get hard. Today though, I was flying and talking Krissy's ear off. It wasn't until about 2.5 miles that it started to get tough, but good tough (and that was after 1 mile of uphill).
It feels so good to be finally on my way back into top form. I have the incentive of looking and feeling good, and I know strong legs will do wonders for my ski season. I need to get back on the 8 minutes bandwagon too, but one thing at a time...
I'm totally tooting my own horn here, but GO ME!
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Finally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats on the good run! Especially after a hill! Are you following a particular running plan?
congrats!!
AA - I don't have any real training plan or anything. I typically try to run about 3 miles 2 or 3 times a week. And then when I start to get into higher milages I do one long run on the weekend. I normally just from 3 to 6 and stay there for a bit, and then jump up one mile at a time. Actually for the long runs I don't look at milage and instead look at minutes - saying that I typically average 10 minute miles on the longer ones.
Right now I am forcing myself to run every day until 3 miles is a piece of cake again (and my jeans aren't so tight!).
Yeah, go you K! I wish I could run like that. Despite my knee, I am jogging on the treadmill for a good half hour every day, 5 min slow, 5 fast, etc which is going well so far. I need my jeans to not fit so tight either!
Post a Comment