Sunday, January 28, 2007

Birthday Weekend

(I've been so busy! This is honestly the first time since Sunday I've had to even think about blogging.)

The great thing about having a birthday on a Saturday is that you can celebrate all weekend!

Friday I came home from school and vegged out on the couch while popping in Little Miss Sunshine. I was so tired that I fell asleep halfway through - I did manage to finish it though, so funny! Somehow I managed to rally after my nap and made a spur of the moment decision to hit the town (or the bar up the street) with a couple of friends. It was rather low key, but we toasted to my birthday at midnight with a pitcher of PBR (how classy!).

Saturday I got up early with The Boy, but promptly went back to bed after he left and slept until 11. I haven't slept that long in ages and it was so nice. I went to Buckley's (my favorite bar/restaurant that I haven't been to since BEFORE Europe) to watch Nova play a disappointing game again ND. Saturday evening The Boy took me out to dinner at probably the best restaurant for a girl who loves cheese and chocolate as much as I do... The Melting Pot! We had the cheddar cheese fondue, California salads, and steak, chicken, salmon and shrimp in a burgundy wine fondue. Back at home, The Boy had a small cake (complete a with candle) waiting for me, and a new puzzle to attempt (yay!).


Sunday I spent the morning skiing, which wasn't really skiing, just following behind The Boy as he practiced on the bunny slope. He is actually getting pretty good - we attempted an easy blue before I left and he only fell a few times. I spent the afternoon making chili for my birthday party. I had a good group of friends over for a potluck (in which my chili was a huge hit!) and board game night. We played Catch Phrase and Apples to Apples - my new game which I love. All in all it was a fabulous night. And a fabulous weekend in general!

3 comments:

L said...

Good food, good friends, and Apples to Apples? - sounds like a blast!

Courtney said...

hooray for the birthday weekend-o-fun! Sounds like a blast!

Katie said...

Apples to Apples is awesome. Anytime someone usese "giant squid" they win with me!