Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bad

Things with The Boy have been really rocky this week. Actually I spent Tuesday convinced it was over. I didn't eat a thing all day and pretend I was having an allergy attack (red, watery eyes). The talk Tuesday went better. It just sucks because it is really all on his shoulders. While I'll be there to provide support, he is the one that needs to make a change. As we left it last night, we were going to talk when he comes into Seattle on Friday. His final words were "I don't know where I am at." I could go into greater detail, but honestly I am just exhausted from thinking about it non-stop.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, yet not be too pessimistic. A good sign this evening though... He has been absolutely horrible returning emails, just not responding at all or even acknowledging them (part of the problem). But when I checked my email, I had two from him. One was his take on my PhD/work list (which we had discussed him weighing in on so I was expecting it). The second though was just a quick reply to a picture album I sent him, the kind of reply you send just to tell the person that you took an interest in what they sent to you. Tomorrow he should be getting the package I sent to him before the fallout. It is just a cute card and a bottle opener that plays his alma mater fight song when you open a beer. I thought fondly of him when I saw it in the store and hopefully he'll think fondly of me when he gets it.

4 comments:

chloe said...

It will work out. No matter what. And in the end, whatever direction it goes, you will know it is the right one.

Courtney said...

:( ugh. Here's hoping it gets better - whichever way it goes.

s said...

i hope this weekend makes everything a little better.

N.F. said...

So sorry for your trial right now.