I'm head to Hawaii for some R&R (well that and my most high-maintenence friend's wedding - I mean that in a good way of course!). I am so looking forward to lounging in the sun and need some reading material to bring to the beach.
The requirements:
1. I read fast. Really fast. Like don't read every word on the page fast. So while I do not discriminate against short books, I like long ones.
2. I am poor and get most (or all) my books at the library. Recently published (or wildly popular) books often have a waiting list. I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks so something a little older or a little more obscure would be awesome.
3. I don't want a book that will make me smarter (or worse yet, dumber) after I finish it. I want a good beach book that will entertain me but that isn't too serious or too trashy.
Any suggestions?
Monday, October 22, 2007
Beach Reads
Labels:
Me Me Me,
seeing the world
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
anything by jodi picoult is great. i didn't love my sister's keeper, but everything else was fantastic. i've also recently read the glass castle, but i'm pretty sure it has been out for awhile and the memory keepers daughter, both were on the slightly depressing side, but good. i loved eat love and pray, but that's pretty new. i also love jenifer weiner. i tend to trade books with friends which works out pretty well. i hope you have a wonderful time. my best friend has been living in ohau for 4 years and has had the best time. i'm so jealous!
Yep, I love Jodi too, although the 11th circle was my least favourite of hers. Um, let's see...
- "straight up and dirty" by stephaine klein was lovely
- "bitter is the new black"
- confederacy of dunces (it's not chick lit, and it's a bit long, but it is funny)
- the girls guide to hunting and fishing by melissa banks is a favourite
- summer sisters by judy blume
- the time travellers wife
- anything by elizabeth berg makes me wish I was a better writer, but i'ts not really... beachy reading material..
Sorry I'm not at home so I don't have a better list but those are some of my favourites. If I can think of more, I will send them your way. Have a great trip!
thanks for stopping by my blog :)
i just finished "something borrowed" by emily giffin not too long ago and it was a great, fast read. and the next book in the series "something blue" was even better!
Post a Comment