Thursday, December 06, 2007

Out with the Old, In with the New

So who is ready to kick The Boy* to the curb and talk about some new boys?!? Oooh, oooh, oooh, me, me, me!

#1 – The Chilean. He is the one cute boy in my one class this quarter, but until this week our relationship solely consisted of me looking lustfully in his direction when I should have been paying attention in class. But we had a double session this week were we played a game and he was on my team. After a lot of playful conversation, I offered him a ride home last night (he accepted) and now he is coming to lunch with me and some of my friends next week. Things we like about The Chilean: he is tall, dark and handsome, his accent makes me swoon, and he is smart.

#2 – The Boy Who Never Talks. Last year, my bestest school friend and I would always see him in the hall and he never ever peeped a hello. If we were lucky, we might get a nod. I finally talked to him earlier this quarter when out at a department happy hour (that is the key, get him liquored up and he’ll talk?), but I haven’t seen him once since then! How am I supposed to continue this hallway love affair when he is never in the hallway?!? Things we like about The Boy Who Never Talks: he is mysterious and he is a blond/blue eyed cutie.

#3 – Boston. I’ve been keeping him a secret for a long time. We actually met in early September, at a wedding in – yup, Boston. And then conveniently he moved to Seattle 2 weeks later (damn, I’m good!). We’ve been hanging out on a regular basis – camping, beers, shuffleboard, beers, hiking, beers. You get the picture. I have a crush on Boston because he is everything I would describe my ideal man to be – tall, a runner/skier/camper/hiker, smart, funny, social, considerate, and generous. But he is also only in Seattle for a year for a temporary assignment. Boo! Things we like about Boston: his “ideal” status and that I have a great time whenever I am with him.

It is great! These imaginary relationships are so much easier to maintain than real ones. And you can have more than one man at once! What more could you ask for (well, besides a piece of a** every once and a while)?

* Just to keep you posted, I did sent, not one, but two emails to respond to The Boy. Whoops! No more emails from him though so maybe I finally got through. I’ll admit it, it is bittersweet.

2 comments:

L said...

It's fun to have a boy or two to crush on - helps to get the mind off the 'other'.

chloe said...

bittersweet is a perfect description of when they finally get it.

crushes really are fantastic!