B for biotch that is. That is me this week – everyone needs to watch out. Everyone seems to be pissin’ me off. I think I just need some alone time, but it seems like it is hard to come by.
Today, two separate people (random school acquaintances) have sent me cover letters and/or personal statements for me to read over and improve (in all this spare time that I have, you know). The one I read so far was absolutely painful!
I’ve driven my friend all over the place this week (and last week and the week before that – she doesn’t have a car) and I feel like she is getting to the point where she just expects me to do it. Today I drove into school but didn’t call to ask if she wanted a ride.
Yesterday I had to wait around forever for people to get their shit together and get on the road to go skiing when we do the same thing every week, you should have it down by now. And then there are the people who decide to come last minute, and mess up the carpooling plans that it took forever to work out because everyone is so indecisive.
And then there is the weather. Hi – 8 degrees?!?! Not cool. I know I grew up in NY, but I am a wimp now and I can’t take it. The snow was great but I couldn’t enjoy it properly. Or the after-ski beer because I was driving (which I hate to do) and seeing that I had no time for lunch and a little dinner – one beer would have made me loopy.
My friend is coming from out of town for my birthday ski party on Saturday which is awesome, but I feel like I am going to have to entertain him all weekend. And he likes to stay out late and get drunk.
I’m in the midst of a “crush triangle” – everyone telling me who they all have crushes on and it all doesn’t work out nice and neatly (why am I the one you confide in??).
I actually want to cook myself dinner, but I haven’t been home for dinner and probably won’t be for the next few days so it is either PB&J (tonight) or eating out (the rest of the weekend) – yuck!
My friend complaining is that she can’t go to the 8:30 movie on my birthday (it is too late) when really, how much of a difference is it from the 7:40 movie (which others have legit reasons for not being able to attend)?
I have a 4:00 meeting on Friday afternoons. All of them till June. Why would anyone think this was a good idea?
Auuuuuuuuuugh!
Only a few more hours and I can head home and curl up in my bed. I think that is what I need right about now.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Gimme a B
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Too many frustrating things happening at once for you! It no longer feels good to help someone out when they appear to be taking it for granted. And I am one who also gets irritated when people ruin "the plan" by being indecisive or showing up late. I hope you were able to get some rest and feel a bit more optimistic now. :)
YUCK!
Sometimes I feel like this, just push on through it.
If I were there we'd have a GREAT birthday ski day and you wouldn't have to entertain me one bit!
ugh. i hate when frusterating things seem to pile up so fast!
but TGIF! right?
Does it make me a bad person that pbj and eating out are always my only two options?
This was me last week. Ugh. Being grouchy sucks. Hope you get some down time soon!
Post a Comment