Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Dear John

Dear Asics,

As far as new running shoes go, you suck! You should make me feel like I am running on air, but instead my ankles and knees hurt with every step I take. Thank goodness for a liberal return policy, because I am done with you. I struggle enough when it comes to running, I don’t need my shoes working against me as well!

Love,
The girl who needs to start training for a half marathon pronto

***************************************************************************************************************************************
Dear (The) Ex-Boy,

I never pegged you as being dense, but honestly… what is the deal? Why do you keep emailing me when I have made it perfectly clear that I don’t want to hear from you? I know you are trying to tell me that you are still thinking about me and still care about me. But you know what? I DON’T CARE! I don’t want to be your friend. Sorry buddy. (Delete).

Love (or not),
The girl who finally put back together the heart you broke

***************************************************************************************************************************************
Dear Carrots,

Why, oh why can’t you taste like my beloved chocolate?

Love,
The girl who decided today would be a good day to start a diet

***************************************************************************************************************************************
Dear Boston,

Last weekend was great. Really. Like our best weekend ever. So why do you have to go and leave again this weekend? Wasn’t one ski weekend without me enough? What is so great about Utah powder anyway? “The greatest snow on earth” - don’t you know that is just a marketing ploy? Hmmmph… fine, go have fun with your friends. In case you forgot – we got 6 feet of snow in 6 days here, and I’ll be hitting it all weekend without you.

Love,
Your insanely jealous (of the powder you’ll be skiing) girlfriend

***************************************************************************************************************************************
Dear Spring,

I really do love the winter and all the snow we’ve been getting. Skiing has been awesome this year and I totally want to break my record and ski 20+ times. But if you want to come a little early this year, and with minimal amounts of that rain you are famous for here in Seattle, I won’t complain. Promise.

Love,
The girl who has hiking and camping on the brain

5 comments:

L said...

Love this post.

chloe said...

I hate when boys won't leave you alone.

I hate your shoes for you, too.

"The greatest snow on earth"...I'm sorry, but it is!

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to buy new running shoes - good to know that Asics suck. What other brands have worked for you?

Michelle and the City said...

love the letter to the ex boy. very well said ;)

Camels & Chocolate said...

Re: Asics, Marathons
I bought the New Balance 992s a couple months ago and am in love. Also training for a half marathon (Nashville, April) and full marathon (SF, August). Scary!

Re: Carrots
Eating a lot of these myself these days. Not dieting per se, but in the commencement of the marathon training, though a diet that consisted more of fruits and veggies and less of takeout meals three times a day might help.

Re: Spring
Come to San Francisco! It's been 60 or warmer every day since I moved! And sunny! And basically perfect!