Friday, February 01, 2008

January In Review

Well, I will start with the bad news… I didn’t go on a hike. I was out of town and skied a lot – not leaving many free weekend days to hike. I planned on hitting the (low-lying) mountains up on my birthday, but alas, I was too hungover. When Boston and I got snowed out of our Wednesday ski outing, we considered going for a hike instead, but I didn’t think my cute little ballet flats were up for the challenge. Maybe 2 next month to make up for it?

And I while I didn’t complete my Europe photo album, I did make headway on it. I decided to go with Blurb, for no real reason, and I like how it is coming along. Ireland, Spain and France are finished. Czech Republic, Austria and Italy are left. The problem is that you work offline, meaning I can only work on it off my laptop, which #1 is really old and really slow, and #2 I always keep at home and I’m just not there too often these days. But I did start it and I don’t have a problem with finishing what I start, just starting in general, so I foresee this goal being accomplished soon.

Some might look at this as a failure, but I am a glass half-full kind of gal. So I call January a least a bit of a success. If nothing else, I started dating a fabulous guy, won a fancy-schmancy award (and a trip to DC to accept it), and celebrated my 29th birthday in style!

Now, onto February and some snowshoeing adventures! (Too bad we are currently in a state of extreme avalanche danger!!)

2 comments:

brandy said...

Dude, all the things you STARTED doing (the guy, the award, your b-day) definitely outweigh the stuff you didn't get done. Here's to a fantastic February!! (Also, I didn't answer comments on the post you commented on- yep, i DO live in Alberta, and it's lovely- minus the weather right now!)

Camels & Chocolate said...

I still haven't done my photo album either. And I've had all the materials since living in Scotland in 2004. Then another year living in Europe and some 50 countries later, and I fear I'm a lost cause.