I’m not a huge Valentine’s Day fan. I think it is nice to show those around you that you care about them, but I think it is more important to work on doing that all the time, and not on this one special day. I think stuffed animals are lame unless you are 10, my hips certainly don’t need anymore chocolate, and I like flowers but not when they are ridiculously overpriced – I’m frugal. The only thing I really LOVE about Valentine’s Day are those gummy candy hearts that I haven’t been able to find anywhere. Honestly, Target had 3 aisles full of themed candy and no gummy hearts in sight!?!?
Despite my indifference to the holiday, I did make Boston a card that was covered in hearts, listing the top 10 things I like about him ( #10 You don't mind driving me around. #9 You like to drink beer with me. #8 You would rather spend time outdoors than in. #7 You are the perfect mix of a little kid and an adult. #6 You are nice (trust me, it is a good thing). #5 You are smart. #4 You are cute. #3 You like to cuddle (umm, I mean post-play*) with me. #2 You are enthusiast about life. And #1. You make me laugh.) And I did feel a little gushy inside when he sent me a text message with a rose @-->-->--. Cheesy, but I think he is working on letting me know when he is thinking of me!
Our Valentine’s Day plans: Boston is going to come cheer me on in my innertube basketball playoff game tonight (I’ll smell all chlorine-y the rest of the night, oh how romantic!) and then we will snuggle up on the couch and talk about how excited we are for our ski trip to Oregon this weekend. No different than what we'd do on any other Thursday evening, and a perfect night in the midst of a(nother) crazy week.
* Post-play – it’s like foreplay, but after… And much more manly sounding.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Overrated?
Labels:
boy-crazy,
life or something like it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
post-play! What a great word!!! :)
I love the Top 10 card idea. A few years ago I bought a box of those conversation hearts & some paper that was the colors of the hearts. I punched out little hearts from the paper so they looked like the candies and wrote reason why I loved Jason each one. Then I filled the box up with the paper hearts and threw away the candy (yuck)! He still has that box! :)
Happy Valentine's Day!
I just want some cinnamon hearts today. But I think I'll just end up baking brownies.
I agree that it's an overrated holiday, but a cute one. :)
valentine's day is totally overrated, but it's still fun. intertube basketball sounds awesome! i'd love to try that.
I sympathize with the chlorine smell. Imagine it as an ongoing thing for 13 years!
Until I was in the metro around noon yesterday, I had completely forgotten it was V-day at all. Stupid holiday, that, and there were far more important matters to attend to anyway...
Very Cute
I got my gummy candy hearts at Michaels (the craft store).
I couldn't find them anywhere else either!
Ha - postplay! Nice one!
Damn, you ski a lot! I like the post-play, though funny Scott uses the word "cuddle" more than I do!
gummy hearts, mmmm!! We missed out on almost all valentine's "things" in Key West. One wonderful thing about being on a tiny little island is that we're excluded from most commercial propaganda!
I love your card idea (cute!!) and the "rose" was so sweet!! I hope your innertube basketball game (hee!) went well! xoxo
Post a Comment