Monday, August 04, 2008

Looking Forward

A lot of tears were shed this weekend when my friends left. As sad as I was, it was almost a relief for them to have finally departed. I had been building up this moment for months and the anticipation was possibly the hardest part. I don't think it will really all hit me until I am up for a last minute run, or a home cooked meal and a movie, or just need someone to talk to face-to-face. That is when I'll really miss Laura - the girl who was an anchor of my life in Seattle and who made the past 5 years more than I could ever ask for.

But I know I can't wallow around forever. So without further ado - the list of things to look forward to:

01. Finishing my masters degree. Even though I have 4 more years here, it will be such a great feeling of accomplishment.

02. Climbing Mt. St. Helen's. I attempted this 4 years ago with Laura actually. But sleet, fog, and miserable attitudes caused us to turn back before the summit (not like we would have had a view or anything).

03. Cyprus. I NEED a vacation, and what is better than a vacation where the plane ticket is paid for by school!?!?

04. New friends. I recently met Kacy, who I felt instantly at ease with, and we are going to see Mamma Mia! this week.

05. The countdown to my 30th birthday. Wait!?! I'm looking forward to that?

2 comments:

JustRun said...

Woo hoo, 30! :)

Camels & Chocolate said...

Ooh I'm looking forward to your trip to Cyprus, too! =) Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures!!!