The problem with school right now is that I really don't get any breaks. No four-day weekend. No 3 weeks of Christmas break. I have to teach a class in - oh, 4 measley weeks, and while I have an outline of topics to be covered, a few key assignments prepared, and the beginnings of several lectures - I am starting to FREAK OUT about it all.
But, the past few days weren't a complete loss.
The sexual tension between this new boy and me kept building. Numerous text messages and emails. Stopping by each others offices. Dinner and drinks (with a group). I can't quite remember who initiated it (I think he kind of led me to doing the actual asking), but Wednesday night consisted of him on my couch, Getting Over Sarah Marshall, and a 6-pack. My roommate watched the movie with us (and furtively asked when he was in the bathroom if this was a "date") but retreated to her room once the credits started rolling. We got a bit cozier (read: closer) on the couch and bantered away. There was no way I was making the first move - you need to come to me boy! - and he certainly took his time - nervous? Anyway, a make-out session on the couch commenced. It was very middle school and very enjoyable.
Since then there have been more text messages and emails. Absolutely no awkwardness when we saw each other for the first time after the makeout sessions. Two phone conversations in one night. Dinner (which he paid for) and more drinks. Lounging on my bed. Popping into my office hours 3 times in 2 hours (and no, he isn't in my class!).
It is, well, nice.
Over the past four days I also:
Ate turkey at Lan's, pie at Kacy's, and ran (Thursday)
Spent the entire day at school, then had the best stress-relieving run in the dark (Friday)
Tried on a bridesmaid dress and went for a short hike, followed by more schoolwork and dinner/drinks (Saturday)
Spent another day at school and then crafted away at craft night (Sunday).
So yeah, I'd say spending time with a boy was the most interesting part of the whole weekend.
Monday, December 01, 2008
Thanksgiving "Break" Recap
Labels:
boy-crazy,
i am a big dork
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Woo hoo!
Yay! I like this PG-rated web series I foresee becoming quite regular. You need a nice boy to make you forget about that horrible Boston!
Oooh fun! I love the excitement of new boys :) Unfortunately I don't get to experience that anymore so keep posting about it so I can live vicariously through you :)
Uhh, yeah, that IS interesting!
Post a Comment