Monday, January 19, 2009

Skype Me

It takes 9-1/2 hours to fly to Copenhagen, compared to the 9-1/2 minute run that used to separate KC and I. While I miss picking her up in the morning, our long runs, 2-hour lunch breaks on the lawn behind our building, and so much more - I don't know what I'd do with out our little therapy sessions.

(Funny how the two of us can sound so sane when giving the other advice, yet so crazy when trying to figure out our own lives!)

While I would probably pay ridicules amounts to talk to KC while she is away, Skype is my hero.

Seriously. It is really cool. We talked today for an hour. For FREE!

We talked last week, when I was wearing a really cute new outfit, and I was able to give her a live fashion show via web cam.

It is like she is just down the road again. Not thousands of miles away.

Have you tried it?!?!?

Now if only Skype could help us "run" together...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool. I will probably be the last person on Earth to get a webcam... and no good reason why.

Alison said...

When my brother was in China for a year we always talked on Skype! It's seriously the best thing ever! Didn't feel like he was halfway across the world at all.

PS You should totally go to Copenhagen - and go to the Carlsberg brewery. Best beer ever!

Anonymous said...

we use skype to talk to my brother, sister-in-law and nephew in taiwan. it's so cool. even my grandparents use it to keep in touch with them.

Anonymous said...

I talk to my mom every day, and when I was living in Denmark three years ago, Skype was a godsend. The only thing that sucked was the seven-hour time difference!