Thursday, March 26, 2009

Amazon-tastic Fresh!

One of the many reasons I don't like to cook is that I HATE grocery shopping. And it is hard to cook without having groceries in the house. I mean, here I am on spring break - still sick - with all the time in the world, and the thought of going to the grocery store gives me the willys!

Enter Amaz0nFresh.

After a little comparison shopping, I determined that the prices were comparable to where I usually shop. And the $5 delivery fee (free if you spend $75, or with an amazon prime account) was well worth avoid the time and agony saved.
Shopping from bed last night. If you order by midnight, they will have your order on the doorstep by 6am! Don't worry, they won't ring your doorbell!
There it is, waiting on the front steps!
Cold/frozen food comes in an insulated bag with cold packs inside. And they pick up the bins/bags the next time they deliver.
Food! Yum!
Unfortunetly you have to live in certain Seattle neighborhoods (zip codes) for delivery. They are expanding, but until then, you can live vicariously through my Amaz0nFresh experiences...

6 comments:

wegrit said...

That is awesome! They've had something like that in DC for years...though not through Amazon.

Also, looking through your pictures is making me *really* miss Kashi foods. We can't get them over here. Seriously, the oatmeal dark chocolate chip cookies are the best!

L said...

I am so friggin jealous.

L said...

Nice, $5 would totally be worth it. Sorry you're still sick!

Alison said...

I LOVE this idea!!!!!

I hate grocery shopping too and this would be a dream come true for me. I hope they expand to my area one day!

Katie said...

Dear Amazon,

Spread this service everywhere. You will make a million dollars from me alone.

Love, katie

Courtney said...

WOW!!!!!

I want!