I had a goal of running 30 miles this month. The same goal I had for February and March - but didn't reach.
But in April... 30.3 miles. Whoo-hoo! That is a whole 4.1 miles more than some people recently ran in just one day (yes, I am looking at you JustRun!). But you got to start somewhere. And I don't think I'll ever find myself running an marathon anyway. Regardless, here's to 30 miles in April and 40 miles in May!
In other running news, today I volunteered with Girls on the Run - a program I have only started to get involved with, but am very excited about. Personally, I get so much out of running. I have become healthier and stronger. I feel better about myself when I run. I have made and strengthen friendships through running. And I only started running when I was 25... imagine if I had started at 12!! I've been looking for a new volunteer opportunity and this seems absolutely perfect for me.
Other runner chicks out there interested in getting involved (or at least finding out more)? Find a chapter near you.
(We didn't end up climbing/skiing St Helen's last weekend due to a death in the family - not mine, but my climbing buddy's. But I'm still looking forward to many more climbs this summer!)
Thursday, April 30, 2009
How I Run: 30.3 & GOTR
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's awesome! GOTR sounds like a fun organization to get involved with, too!
Trust me, a lot of me would rather have done 26 in a month rather than a day! :)
GOTR is a great organization. A friend of mine actually started the Western Colorado chapter! There's also a Denver chapter. Not exactly near me but hopefully it'll be closer one day.
Post a Comment