I need another weekend to recover from this one. It is not like I did anything overly taxing or consuming, but I had very little time to just chill and no time to pick up around the apartment. This morning I felt like I wasn’t quite ready for the week to start.
Friday night I met a “college friend” (who I actually never knew in college, we’ve just become friends since meeting at an alumni event) at the Key for a Sonics game. I admit I pretty much gossiped the entire first half (we both have new boys that we needed to discuss), but did pay attention to the second half when the Sonics were on fire, ultimately beating Chicago. We grabbed a drink after the game and happened to see Bus Boy. I have always said that I would go talk to him if I saw him out, but he was with a group of girls and I was looking less than stellar (sweatshirt and sneakers, no makeup, hair in ponytail…) therefore lacking the required confidence to approach a relative stranger. No regrets though, I guess I am happy just keeping him as a crush. As soon as I talk to him or learn his name, some of the mystery is gone and I can’t get it back.
Saturday was spent at Habitat. It was a pretty slow day; we were installing base board in one of the single family homes. One of the staff members, who has been working there the entire 4 years my crew has been volunteering, is leaving us. He is traveling, spending 2 months in Thailand and 2 months in New Zealand. It is sad to see him go (but a great excuse to get a huge chocolate cake!) and I am so jealous!
Saturday night I had dinner with my friend in town from Iceland and his girlfriend. Unfortunately he has been working too much and hasn’t had time to do a lot of exploring (he is in a pretty remote area), but it was interesting to hear about working in a foreign country. We then headed down to the Pyramid Brewery for their Winter Warmth Concert. I went purely for the social aspect (we met a handful of friends there) so I can’t give you any insight into the quality of the show. The beer was good though!
Sunday, Shell called while I was still in bed. I met her and her sister downtown to provide guidance for the holiday outfit search. I was happy to already have mine purchased – no pressure. Laura met us for a late lunch and I walked home after (not quite the run I had wanted to do, but exercise nonetheless). After a much needed trip to the grocery store, I made my mom’s famous pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Something when wrong though (I swear I mess anything and everything up in the kitchen), they taste fine but they just aren’t the same as my mom’s.
Sunday night I had date #3 with MCL. I went over to his place and we made dinner together (except for burning the garlic bread, I didn’t mess anything up!). We discussed poker strategy (he has assumed the role of my poker coach), watched Seinfeld, and just talked in general. It was very comfortable and just felt right. My friends have been giving me a hard time. They understand the significance of making it past the 2nd date. Laura and Max are especially itching to meet him, to make sure they approve. I decided to invite him to my holiday party (the one with my friends). Nothing like putting him in front of the firing squad, meeting all my friends at once!
Back at work, Monday is pretty blah. Thank goodness only 3 days of work this week. I’m excited for a long weekend and then to get in the Christmas spirit. My throat is a little sore, I but I think it is just from not getting to bed early enough last night. Nothing that a little tea and a goodnight sleep tonight can’t cure.
Monday, November 21, 2005
A Weekend Without Much Downtime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment