Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What More Can I Do But Laugh

Yeah, I think I’m over it. I sent a very long email to Laura and Shell, venting about the situation. I crafted my response to MCL (see below). I dove back into the report I am writing here at work (which is oh so boring, I have no idea how it took my mind off of things). And I feel better. I have a great weekend to look forward to and so many other things to be thankful for that this whole situation isn’t worth getting all worked up over. Although I will attempt to wash away my troubles with a few beers tonight!!

It is funny (in a messed up way) that after the date where I decided to take the plunge and ask him to meet my friends, he decided that it wasn’t working out all that well. I'm not upset per say that things did not work out with him, but just that this seems to be an on-going cycle. I mean I liked him, but I didn't know him that well so didn't like him to the point that I am like heartbroken or anything. Honestly though, can I get a break regarding boys? Is that really too much to ask? Obviously so. I'm disappointed but not devastated about this whole MCL debacle. I should really just leave boys alone. I try, but somehow it never seems to work.

It also goes to show you that it is so hard to figure out others thoughts/feelings. The last thing he said to me on Sunday was "well, I guess you'll have to come back again then" in reference to me forgetting to grab the poker chips he said I could borrow to practice shuffling them. I know he wasn't being an ass or trying leading me on but just trying to figure out his own feelings. I just interpreted the comment as most would, that he wanted to see me again. Dating, in its early stages, leaves people so vulnerable and uncertain because you really can't make any assumptions.

And that is all I have to say on my current dating situation.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

*My response:

“MCL,
I won’t hide any disappointment, but I do understand where you are coming from. I am also at the point where I am not willing to settle for less that what I want for the long haul. I think that is an important thing to know and to act upon. I’m just sorry that our thoughts on where this relationship could go in the future weren’t on the same page. I do thank you for being upfront with me regarding your feelings. Good luck with everything.

But ha! I have your plate that I brought leftover lasagna home on and I’m not giving it back!!

And you know what? Screw those cute, beaded flats I bought to wear with my holiday outfit in case I went with you. I am buying myself a hott pair of gold heels to strut my stuff in!!
-k”

Okay, I really stopped with the “good luck” part, but I was thinking the rest!!

3 comments:

L said...

K, I think your response was good and mature. And I honestly admire him for being up front. Better to find out now then later if he's hesitant. Heck, I found out after a year and a half! Hope your weekend is great!

wegrit said...

I'm sorry things didn't work out, but I'm glad that you're okay with it. I'll trade you my "not working out" relationship for yours. Yours seems a lot easier.

By the way, I love the slightly bitter thoughts at the end of your response, even if you don't actually get to say them.

Hope you have (had?) a safe and pretty road trip and that you met all sorts of new and exciting people!!!

Anonymous said...

Bummer about MCL.
At least you both handled it well. (Hey, that *does* count for something)