The past 2 years, I have lost my luggage when flying back to NY for Christmas. I, being totally confident in US airlines to get me and my luggage safely to my final destination, did not pack a change of clothes, a coat, clean underwear… in my carry on. Either time. This left me with sweats and sneakers for the impending Christmas mass. And no gifts for anyone. Year #1, my bags arrived mid-day on Christmas Eve so the crisis was averted. Year #2, my bags arrived mid-day on Christmas Day so I got to open a gift early – a new outfit – and had to borrow boots and a jacket from my best friend’s sister. I got my bags less than 24 hours before I was headed back to Seattle, but some people I ran into at the airport never got their bags until they went back to the airport for their flight out!!
Did I learn my lesson? One may say yes by the fact that I am flying through Chicago, not Philly, this year and I am going to put a pair of clean underwear in my carry-on (I learned last year that Wegmans - the BEST grocery store in the world which has a whole aisle of socks does not carry underwear - and had to handwash the one pair I had). But I still won’t lug around a coat or Christmas mass clothes so maybe not. I guess I’m just always the optimist – I still have confidence that my airline will get me AND my luggage home safe and sound for Christmas.
I let you know tomorrow how it all turns out.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Cross Your Fingers
Labels:
Me Me Me,
seeing the world
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good Luck!!
Post a Comment