Thursday, December 22, 2005

Home Sweet Home

After two flights and one long layover, I made it back to NY (with my bags!!). It is good to be home. It is so familiar. My mom and I met my brother for pizza this afternoon at the place my parents have been patronizing since before I was born. My dad loves to tell the stories of bringing me with them to dinner and placing the car seat up on the table. I'd sleep while my parents ate pizza and the waitresses oohed and aahed over me. This same pizza place sponsored my youth soccer and softball teams growing up. My brother used to work there in high school. I can't remember the last time I ate there, but today just stepping in the door brought back lots of memories...

My dad came home early from work and we spent the afternoon wrapping all my presents. He actually did most of the wrapping while I sang christmas carols (a capella and absolutely horribly!), decided which paper to use on which gift, and shuttled the gifts from the wrapping table to the tree. My brother made yummy lasagna and after the dishes I settle in to work on some homemade gifts for my friends (I'm so pleased how they turned out - pictures to come). I talked to both my best friends and we all made plans to get together tomorrow for some much needed bonding time. Right now I should be absolutely exhausted due to the 4 hours of upright sleep I got last night. I can't bring myself to go to bed quite yet though - I guess I just want to relish in the family time right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for your bags making it! It was bound to happen sooner or later. :)

L said...

So glad you made it there with your bags! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time so far. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

wegrit said...

I'm glad your bags made it!I had that problem one year flying through Philly too. I've decided that no one likes the Philadelphia airport because no one ever a. gets their bags, b. gets out on time and c. doesn't have terrible, nausea-inducing turbulence in the 20 minutes prior to touching down. I'm a good flyer and have never been airsick, but flying into Philly has made me feel like I was very close to popping that cherry on several occasions!

Anyway, glad you're having a good time at home. Sometimes it's good to come back to something that hasn't changed in so many years...comfort in the familiar! I am also enjoying the home cooked (and good for me) food!

Merry Christmas!