Thursday, January 19, 2006

Becoming a Little More Independant

I waxed my skis tonight. I didn’t take them somewhere to be waxed. I actually waxed my skis. And filled in a gorge with p-tex. And I learned how to sharpen the edges. I’m pretty darn impressed with myself. My skis look hott and are going to be super fast, and all thanks to little ole me. If only I had a place to wax in my apartment. I bet I could trade waxes for rides up the mountains.

I love learning how to do things for myself. I no longer have to depend on someone else to take care of my skis. How awesome is that!! Now I just need to head over to REI to pick up some stuff…

A tip: El Presidente (who gave me the waxing how-to) told me that about 95% of skiers out on the slopes don’t wax the ski regularly. His recommendation (and in terms of skiing, I don’t think I’d trust anyone more) is to wax your skis after 2 or 3 full days of skiing. “A waxed ski is a more predictable ski.”

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow Cool!
Hmmm... reminds me I need to refurbish my snowboard a bit. (Well, have someone do it for me that is... I'm not quite ready to do my own waxing just yet - one day I will be!)

I *did* change my own oil once. I was very proud of me. :)

L said...

It does feel great to do something new on your own! Not that I'm speaking TOO much from experience.