Today we got an email from HR informing us that one of our coworkers (unnamed) was undergoing tests for a potential case of Hep A or Hep B (in case we decided to seek medical advice for ourselves).
The email obviously sparked a lot of discussion in our small office (less than 20 people)… but my hallway figured it out. Dan (not his real name) must have caught Hep A on his recent trip to Egypt.
Now granted we knew that Dan had been out sick for the past 3 days. I just got my own Hep A vaccination so I am up of the disease and how you catch it. And he is the only one if the office who has been anywhere “exotic” recently. But we still all think we should be on House after our great detective work. Or at least headed to the World Series of Clue.
But not to make light of someone being so sick, it is treatable and he did get to the doctor quickly so he should make a full recovery. Hopefully it won’t taint the wonderful memories of his vacation. It also validates my recent immunizations. And if my insurance company comes back and tell me they won’t pay for them (which is pretty likely) I think I’ll just have to point out that it will certainly cost less for them to pay for the shots than to treat me if I come down with the diseases they prevent!
Friday, January 20, 2006
It was Professor Plum in the Study with the Rope…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment