Thursday, January 26, 2006

Birthday

I am a firm believer that corporate american should give us a floating holiday reserved specifically for our birthday. But even though that is just a pipe dream, I’m lucky enough to have a Friday birthday this year (that Friday being tomorrow) that coincides with my every other Friday off.

My birthday plans? Well first I am going to sleep in. Then I will watch some Sex and the City while eating breakfast (maybe some cinnamon toast?). Next I will head to the hairdresser for a color (dark, rich brown again) and trim. It will then be time for lunch so I will have what I have every year on my birthday: Cold Stone Creamery. After lunch I am heading up to the slopes with a friend who teaches lessons on Friday night. We will get in a few runs before he attends to his students, but by that time the rest of the crew will have shown up for some fabulous birthday night skiing. I’ll finish off the evening with a beer. And then I will still have 2 whole days before I have to go to work again. I don’t think I could ask for more!

9 comments:

L said...

It sounds like a lovely birthday filled with some of your favorite things!

mer said...

happy birthday :)

Katie said...

Wow, a haircut and skiing! Does it get any better?!?!?

Chloe said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your beautiful west coast skiing!

L said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday K!!!

Mrs. Architect said...

Happy Birthday chica!! Hope this is your best one yet!!

Cady said...

happy birthday! your plans sound fabulous and relaxing. :)

Victoria said...

Happy Birthday! I have often had the very same idea about people getting to take their birthdays off from work. No one should have to work on his or her birthday. Its just wrong. I'm glad you had such a lovely birthday and I hope your next year is just as nice.