Sunday, March 26, 2006

Done

In so many ways.

Basketball. Over. As the name implies, the point is to get the ball into the basket. If you can’t do that, then you can’t win the game. We couldn’t do that and we didn’t win. It wasn’t even close. My Final Four is toast. So is everyone else’s. I’m at least walking away with $100.

BMG. Finished. Friday I was filling a friend in on my “love” life. My exact words: “Whatever, I’m not calling him anymore. If he is interested in me, he’ll call.” Words left my mouth, phone started ringing. BMG just “happened” to be riding around in my neighborhood and was wondering if I was watching the basketball game. He came by for the end and him and I got pizza down the street after the game. The meal ended and so did my crush. I decided I actually liked BMG. But I don’t want to like him. So I am stepping away. It is self-preservation. I am saving myself from the disappointment of this going nowhere. We talked tonight, good friendly conversation. He knew I was looking for something to do, I all but said I wanted to see him. I knew he was just hanging around and I knew he knew I wanted to hang out. He could have suggested us getting together, but he didn’t. I was disappointed. Exactly why I am moving on. Which really isn’t moving on at all. Just distancing myself from him. I hate feeling this way. Sad. Sorry for myself. This story is getting old. Time for a new one. I’m done.

3 comments:

wegrit said...

Here was how my weekend thoughts went:

1."Wow, I think George Mason just fucked all of America's brackets."

2. "Ooh...I bet k (since K. is another person entirely) isn't going to be happy with this game.

A propos of BMG, I'm sorry the interest isn't altogether in the same place between the two of you...but this leaves you open for someone else.

k said...

I am rooting for GM now!

Spatch said...

Yeah, what is it with men not knowing how to take the initiative anymore? The current trend of them being lazy and expecting women to take charge all the time has really screwed up the dating scene. That, or I've been reading too many historical romance novels wherein dashing rogues court beautiful ladies and always know the right time to kiss them. Argh.