Last night I took BMG to a Mariners game. Just as a friend though, no ulterior motives. I had my company tickets - great seats. Ones I would never pay for, ones he could never afford as a student – that is why I decided to bring him. We talked more that we watched baseball, non-stop, jumping from subject to subject. We both have ADD tendencies so it was nice not to feel like I had to explain where each random train of thought was coming from. He makes me feel happy. Not by doing anything specific, just by holding an entertaining conversation with me. He was actually the reason my mood turned around on Sunday, a conversation with him.
Boys never cease to amaze me. After we split a snickers marathon bar, each had a hotdog and beer, and chowed down on kettle korn, he asks: “so what are we having for dinner after the game?” Huh? I don’t know about you, but I already ate! He was going to make us smoothies, but I ended up taking a rain check because it was pretty late when we got home. There were a few other baffling actions by him, things that if I had done them, I would have been flirting but ahh, who knows. He is a little down on life in Seattle and I think I am going to have to do my part to share my enthusiasm for this city.
And in other news… my friend, Shell, was accepted to UW too! We are gonna be Husky Buddies! Yay!
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Friends (For Real)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Geez, those confusing boys! Mariners game sounds fun (and food's half the fun of a baseball game, I think). I knew a guy in high school that played for that team, though I'm not sure he does anymore.
Ugh... boys.
I find it's best to get them really drunk and then have them pour out their heart and soul to me. It's the only way to get any reliabe info out of them.
;)
Men are bottomless pits. They can eat all afternoon and still want dinner. It's a scientific anomaly embedded somewhere in the Y chromosome.
I'm SUPER jealous that you got to go to a game. I had to settle for watching the O's on ESPN2 last night. At least they won!
Also, thanks for the well wishes. It was much needed this week! Things are much, much better than they've been in quite a while.
Courtney - but I need to make sure I stay sober so I don't go into super-flirt mode while he is pouring his heart out to me! :)
Post a Comment