Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Countdown

Today is the first day I’ve started to feel antsy about leaving work, but the day is more than half over so I am doing ok… That is if I make it out of here without catching hypothermia. It is honestly that cold in the office today! I am properly dressed for the weather, drinking warm liquids, and have the heater on under my desk, but I am still covered in Goosebumps. Even the guys are complaining about the temperature. Brrr…

I don’t think it has hit me yet that I am leaving. My apartment is becoming more and more empty, I spent today organizing my work to hand off to others, I planned out my meals (to help make a shopping list) for my trip… yet it hasn’t sunk in that I won’t be working 9 to 5 again for awhile (or forever – keep your fingers crossed) and that a week from now I’ll be running around Moab, Utah. I will probably cry tomorrow at the big farewell lunch, and most certainly on Friday. It will be real at that point.

BMG update… I didn’t hear from him on Wednesday. We talked briefly on Thursday but I decided not to go to the BBQ with him (I hate rushing to the airport, and I was not at all packed). This weekend I thought about it more and the urgency to say something passed. I was thinking of what I need to take care of this week and if, in the best case scenario, the whole week was to be spent with him; I’d never get anything done. I am going to give him a call tonight because I am going to trivia with a few friends including BMG’s roommate and thought I’d invite him. It is hit or miss regarding if he’ll come – sometimes he gets into a homebody mood. As far as I know, he is still leaving Friday or Saturday for the triathlon in Idaho and coming back Tuesday. I leave Tuesday. So unless something big happens tonight, I’m probably just going to let it pass. And then maybe we will both be in Seattle in the fall, and maybe I’ll tell him then. And if he isn’t around, well maybe it was in the cards…

3 comments:

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

i HATE a cold office. there is nothing more that breaks my concentration than shivering.

Katie said...

The thing with BMG is too bad. You win some, you loose some. Timing is everything, you know?

wegrit said...

How was your last day?