Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Back to Chaos

I'm back. Finally. It was a struggle. My flight out of Dublin was cancelled and I wasn't rescheduled to fly until 24 hours later - which also happened to be September 11th, not that I was freaking out or anything, I just wouldn't have chosen to fly into NYC on that day. I won't go into how much bullshit the whole thing was, I have to save my energy on that subject for the irate letter I will be writing. But the plan was for me to spend the night with my friend in Manhattan and my mother would pick me up in the morning (my parents live 3 hours from NYC). Because she now needed to pick me up on Tuesday, not Monday, there was a problem with her work schedule. I ended up taking the bus, which got into town an hour late. I rushed to lunch and to my hair appointment (I now have short hair!!), then finally home. I spent the evening talking with my parents and was in bed by 8, which made for a nice early start this morning.

I made a to do list and there is so much to do before I leave on Friday for my road trip! I've checked off 2 (well now 3 as one was posting) things so far - emailing my advisor and registering for classes - so I think I am on track, at least for now.

I am also pretty sure I have a place to live for the year. I'm just firming up the details, namely that the object of my affection (BMG, yup haven't forgotten about him) is going to be moving out sometime in the near future. It is a bittersweet situation - there was a room open in a great house, it just happened to be his house. I knew that I could not live with him, way too much potential for drama, but otherwise the living situation was perfect. But it seems as if he is leaving us and moving down south for a job that is sounds like he loves (he had an internship for the company in Seattle this summer). We will get to be roommates for a couple of weeks though, if that is any consolation for his leaving.

I can't wait to catch up on what has been happening with everyone. I don't think I'll be able to find the time to read 7 weeks of old postings, so if anything important has happened, let me know what day(s) I should go back and catch up on!!

1 comment:

s said...

yay you are back.. um nothing really great happened over in my world.. here is quick recap. kissed boy, blown off by boy, rinse and repeat.nothing to exciting. i'm interested to see how the brief roomie experience goes with bmg.