Monday, November 27, 2006

Honest To Goodness Snow

It never snows in Seattle. But last night as The Boy and I left campus to walk to his apartment, flakes were falling. No one else was walking through campus or along the trail, I thought it was quite peaceful out. The Boy was pretty cranky (think that might be the theme for the next few weeks), but I think about halfway home he finally started to appreciate the beauty. Back at my house (which is higher in elevation and really did make a difference) there was real honest to goodness snow – and that I coming from an Upstate New Yorker, we know snow. Most of it was gone this morning, but The Summit has a base of 50”!! Now all I have to do is get all my work done so I can make use of my season’s pass!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow? In Seattle! Woah!

Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous, still no snow over here. hopefully soon!

wegrit said...

Saw it was still snowing up there (or at least snowing again) during MNF! No snow here yet.

Cady said...

ooohh...i miss snow! here's a link to the pasta recipe. i made mine without the cream cheese. it's so quick and easy and so good!
http://schulmanfavorites.blogspot.com/2006/10/creamy-basil-and-tomato-pasta.html