Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm Home, I'm Safe, I'm Alive...

(pronouns are different, but if you know what movie the title refers to you'll get bonus points in my coolness rankings)

I've been busy doing nothing this past week. My pops was in town for business last week so I had yummy (expensive) seafood dinners both Tuesday and Thursday. School was pretty low key this week after midterms week (which we got back - 2 As for me yay!).

Friday I had the day off for the holiday. I got my hair cut and colored. I haven't had it colored forever and I love that it is dark again, just in time for the holidays. The Boy and I braved the rain, and the crowds at REI. He needed a new rain coat and gore-tex shoes to keep him warm and dry when he walks to school. I didn't need anything but walked out with the girl version of his new soft shell rain coat - which will go perfect with my new bright, bright blue ski pants (no one is going to lose me on the slopes). After REI, we went downtown to a happy hour that one of my friends had won. We drank up there and then drank up some more in Fremont. We came home, got it on, went to bed.

Saturday The Boy and I were going to have a date-day: a visit to the Science Center, a movie and then a romantic home-cooked meal. Aching heads from all the beer on Friday night put a damper on that. We did go downtown and walked around a bit. I bought a shirt and a hoodie at the gap and we strolled through the market - dodging tourists left and right. We found a happy hour at a restaurant overlooking the market and I had the hot wings I have been craving (not even compareably to hot wings from back home of course). Back at home I let The Boy watch lots of football as I cooked dinner. Originally we (me) were (was) going to make a pasta recipe we found online, but we had a sample of these premarinated steaks at the grocery store which were to die for and we were sold. We ate the steak and a salad, split a bottle of wine, and looked at old high school/college pictures of The Boy. He was so cute when he was younger - his hair was longer (I'm now on a mission to have him grow it out) and he had a huge grin in every picture.

Today was another lazy day - seems to be a trend here. We were both exhausted despite getting to bed really early last night. We napped between makeout sessions and I ended up sticking around until the end of the Seahawks game (just in case you are keeping track - that was 48 hours together!). The Boy got all decked out in his new clothes for a walk to school and, much to his dismay, looked like a true Seattle boy - so cute!

The goal of next week, spend less time focusing on the boy... spend more time focusing on school.

3 comments:

L said...

Aw, but focusing on the boy sounds much more fun ;)

L said...

btw, is that quote from the Goonies?? "You're home, you're safe, you're alive"?? I'm not positive on this, but it does sound familiar.

k said...

Goonies is a good guess considering how much I love that movie.

Girls Just Want to Have Fun. When Lynn drags janey into her house and tells her parents that Janey almost spun to death on the bars, to get her out of trboule for skipping choir practice. "You're home, you're safe, you're alive!"