Monday, November 20, 2006

Piling Up

My 2 weeks of relaxation are quickly coming to an end. I just took a peek at my planner and there is so much to do before the end of the quarter!

First off, quarters suck! Sure, you have a few less lectures and a few less homework assignments, but there are still all the papers, and all the projects, and all the exams! If this was a semester, it would only be midterm time, and so much more manageable to get everything done.

Second, our internet is kaput at home. Why, might you ask?? Well, it is a funny thing, when you haven’t paid your bill in 3 months… they tend to shut things off on you. Uggh! And most of my upcoming working requires the internet so I’m going to come in to school on the weekends to get things done.

But looking on the bright side of things… my weekend was great. I went to Costco on Friday night and walked out spending less than $100 – talk about restraint. Saturday was a beautiful day to spend volunteering at Habitat4Humanity. Then the Huskies won the AppleCup and I won the back rub bet (The Boy is a diehard Coug fan). Sunday was spent napping on The Boy’s couch and doing a little school work, before coming home to chill out with the roommates. All before starting a 3 day week – yay!

If only I didn’t have heaps of work to do over the long weekend…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here here on thinking quarters are lame. 10 weeks is not NEARLY enough time to accomplish every one needs to accomplish in a class. Ick!

And thanks for cheering for Cal. :)

Katie said...

CU gives us a WHOLE week off for Thanksgiving. It is glorious! Although, I'm with you on the homework front. Somehow I have so much to do over the break that I'm a little bit overwhelmed.