Saturday, December 02, 2006

Busy

It was a busy week. Lots of things to do and of course not enough hours in the day. Any residual uneasiness between The Boy and I disappeared thankfully. We had a quick lunch together every day this week but had not spent any time together outside of school. Last night was a wonderful evening together. He didn’t think about how much he hated his group project. I didn’t think about how I bombed a final (I really hope there is a good curve or I’m screwed). I barely made it inside the door before he made it known just how much he has been missing me. After that business was taken care of we made dinner together: bell peppers, chicken, and pasta with caesar salad and garlic bread, and started to watch a movie. It had been a long day and before I knew it, The Boy was lifting me off the couch and tucking me into bed.

Today I have pretty much been worthless. I had planned to start a run from The Boy’s place as he lives right along my 6 mile route, but I fell back to sleep when he got up to shower and was a complete mess when he woke me up again. I came home and napped. I’m technically doing schoolwork right now, but the internet keeps getting in the way. Laura just invited me skiing tonight and I so want to go but just don’t have time (Ughh! If I had just gotten my act together earlier, I could be on my way to the slopes!). The Boy is still at school, but he is coming by later to finish up the movie at my place. I need to clean my room in hopes that I can convince him to spend the night.

While everything in life is good, I’m feeling overwhelmed. Like my life has no structure and I can’t get anything done, or find time to do things that I think are important (like run). I was talking with my advisor and she said her daughter is the same way, needing structure to stay focused... great, I’m being compared to a 5 year old! Once this quarter is over, I’ll finally have time to organize my room and my life, soccer and skiing will start up (in addition to my usual Wednesday night outings, I’m volunteering on Tuesday nights for an inner-city ski program), and I will hopefully find a healthy balance between school, my friends, The Boy, and “me” time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm like you as well, i need structure and order to be productive. i live on schedules and planners and never understood how people could operate differently haha. i always find starting the schedule the hardest, but once you have the balance everything seems to get easier. i hope you find the perfect balance soon! i wish that my weekly schedule included ski trips- i'm so jealous!

wegrit said...

I was just telling some friends here this week that I really want to go skiing and they all kind of looked at me like "quoi?" It's a long way to go (at least 4 hours) and a lot of them are Texan, so haven't really had the exposure to it.

L said...

if I don't have some schedule or structure, i have such a hard time making good use of my time. i feel all over the place!

that inner-city ski program sounds really neat!