Sunday, December 10, 2006

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I've reached it. Well almost. I have a final on Wednesday morning and another on Thursday afternoon. But I haven't thought about anything school related since Friday afternoon, and don't plan on it until tomorrow. It was a long week full of projects, reports, papers and presentations. Waking up at 6am, getting home at 10pm - it was rough. I think I handled the stress pretty well, but I was still stressed. With just as full of a plate, The Boy was stressed too. It all came to a head on Friday afternoon. We were completely at odds with each other and essentially not talking, but he suggested that we go out and socialize. Since he really doesn't have any friends here, I took it upon myself to gather up a crew to hit the town with. I was getting a bit to eat with my roommate before heading to the bar when The Boy called and asked if I would be mad if he bailed? Umm... yeah! I wanted to spend my evening in my pajamas yet went to the trouble to get people together for him... and now he wasn't coming! I headed home early - but still managed to get a bit tipsy and against my better judgment called The Boy and proceeded to get into a big fight. It ended with me calling him out on being completely oblivious to any of the problems I was dealing with (I had a very specific example) and hanging up before bursting into tears. I cried harder that I have in a long time (not because of the fight with The Boy per say but just all the emotions that had been building up over the past few weeks that I was too stressed to let out earlier). 15 minutes later the doorbell was ringing and The Boy was at my door. We duked it out for quite a bit more, until he finally realized that he had been treating me like shit for the past few weeks. He ended up staying the night and we had a great talk - not a talk about us or anything, just great relaxing conversation.

All day yesterday we lounged around in bed - not getting up until 6 pm... seriously. It was just what the doctor ordered. The change in both our attitudes was evident. The Boy went home to watch the UW/Zags game and I had a relaxing evening at home watching Mean Girls. At 12:15 my phone beeped with a text message - "Are you up? I'm in a bad place with TR (his BF)." It took me over 30 minutes to figure out just what was wrong and where he was to pick him up. I was scared senseless for a bit when he wasn't answering his phone and wasn't texting, but it turns out that he was just really drunk and really pissed at TR for taking him out and getting him drunk. I brought him home, fed him, and put him to bed. About 20 minutes later I hear a commotion out in the hallway. It was TR, who was wasted himself. I put him to bed, but he soon got up and puked in the bathroom. I got up to get him some water and he was trying to act real cool - like he really wasn't drunk or anything. He gave away his state though we he went to jump on couch... he jumped and then landed on the floor because he was feet from the couch. It was hilarious! I wish The Boy was awake because I bet the laugh would have totally made up for how pissed he was at TR. This morning I got the full scoop of the evening antics. I'm glad I wasn't there... I am much too old for all that debauchery!

Today has actually been pretty productive. I worked on my jigsaw puzzle (such good stress relief!) and went for a run with Shell. Right now I am waiting for LP to come over and we are going to grab coffee up the street and catch up. Then I need to hit the grocery store and head over to The Boy's. I'm making him Fiesta Chicken Bake, although after last night I think he should be making me dinner!

And then tomorrow it is back to the books. Well, after some Christmas shopping downtown...

4 comments:

L said...

we're watching Mean Girls right now. sounds like The Boy SHOULD be making you dinner!!

k said...

i watched mean girls again tonight too. actually we started to watch it twice tonight! and he did end up doing the cooking :)

Katie said...

Ugh, your life sounds like mine! I totally had a melt down with the ear doctor last night and then it turned into a really awesome convo. Good luck with finals. I know you'll rock them!

Anonymous said...

This is why I hate being in a relationship with someone at the end of a semester. Especially if they're also in school...fortunately, this year I'm on my own. I've been feeling like this myself lately with one of my friends though. I just see him too much and it's not like I can just not see him for three days. He's stressed, I'm stressed and given how much time we spend together, I'm surprised that neither of us has picked a fight yet. Christmas break is just around the corner. I just have to get there...