Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Lil' F*cker

So you know that boy who needed a break?

Saturday: text message.

Sunday: text message.

Tuesday: text message.

And no, he wasn't just giving it a break on Monday. That's when he called, even though we said we were not going to talk until I got back on Wednesday.

I didn't respond to any text messages, but I did call him back (I waited 6 hours though...).

I wasn't going to call last night, but sure enough - the phone rings right about the time we usually talk. What kills me is that both conversations have been great... he has been much more talkative than in recent weeks, and is back to his make me laugh until I cry self.

I did however tell him how confused I was by all this contact when he said he wanted a break. He admitted he is confused too. I gave him until Monday to work it out. If it is a break which is just an easy way to end things for good, then I'd like to just rip the bandaid off and get it over with. If it is a break, where he really just needs some time to think before really working on our issues, then I'll hopeful and patient. But if he can't decide, I'll be the one to step up and say the final goodbye.

I'm thankful to be spending the next 3 days with the 2 girls who know me better than anyone in the world. And I'm thankful that there will be babies and weddings to talk about, getting my mind off The Boy.

And thanks to all of you for your kind words!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Yuck. Good luck. I've been where you are now and I felt like a haggard ping pong ball bouncing through all my emotions.

Lean on your girlfriends.

L said...

Ugh BOYS! So confusing. I'm really proud of the way you're handling it!

Yay to getting your mind off of him. Have fun with your friends :)

wegrit said...

He sounds like he's maybe a little lonely. He misses you and just wants to say hi. Of course, I totally get where you're coming from...it sucks being in that position. I think we can all sympathize. Have a mint julep with your girlfriends. They help!

Scout said...

I am going thru something similar with my ex-beau. No contact was the best way forward for me, I don't know if it works for you but it's worth a try. And somewhere down the line things just die their natural death... But that isn't to say it can't work in your case. All the best!!